This set of vases was designed by Annaliese Beckh for the German manufacturer Schmider Keramik during the 1950s. It is a model cataloged under the name Tigris Cat 4130, known as Tigris Cat Vase. The vases are made of high-quality, hand-painted black and white ceramics.
The history of Schmider Keramik began over 200 years ago, on October 22, 1794 in the small town of Zell am Harmersbach in Germany as Zeller Keramik. In 1842, the production of porcelain began in the so-called Upper factory. In the years 1870-1871 the company went through a crisis. Due to the German-French war, it was not possible to order raw material from Limoges. In 1907, owner Carl Schaaf sold the Upper Factory to businessman Georg Schmider from Zell. The company Georg Schmider, Vereinigte Zeller Keramische Fabriken was founded. From 1864, the Lower factory produced dishes, majolica pots and architectural ceramics. From 1897, the traditional patterns of Favorite designed by Elisabeth Schmidt-Pecht as well as Alt Straßburg and Hahn und Henne by Karl Schöner were produced. Due to the lack of coal in the Upper Plant, production was stopped in 1942. However, the production of ceramics in the Lower Plant was gradually developed. Then troubled years followed. In 1989, the company was taken over by the family company Hillebrand from Kerpen (Rhineland). Increasingly cheap imports from China put pressure on the company, which is a consequence of several company names changes. The first Ceramics Museum in Zell am Harmersbach was opened on December 21, 2007.
This vases are in very good vintage condition.