This gallery example of Czech design thought from the first half of the 20th century. The sofa was made in the 1940s in the Kovona manufactory. The plant was founded by Peter Vichr in 1913. This model was also produced by Hynek Gottwald, but in 1948 other important companies operating in the field of metal furniture joined the Kovona company, including Robert Slezak Bystrice pod Hostynem, Trezoria Praha – Jinonice and the aforementioned Hynek Gottwald Factory from Brandys nad Orlici. Thus, the production of metal furniture was concentrated in one organizational unit. The original form of the presented furniture combines two styles: the light design of the Bauhaus School and the typical line for the Art Déco style. The structure, based on wooden skids, is made of metal and chromed pipes. The signature is on the rear frame.
The frame of the sofa is in original condition. The mattress and headrests have been upholstered with a new material with a thick weave. The seat is 43 cm high.