Hardy Strid, 1950s
This work is signed by the artist and has an individual number
Sheet dimensions 70/50
Hardy Bertil Roland Stridh was born on July 6, 1921 in Haverdal, died on March 27, 2012 in Halmstad. He was a Swedish painter, illustrator, graphic and glass artist. Stridh was initially educated as a professional painter and studied easel painting. In the late 1930s, he experimented with paintings similar to the Halmstad group. He received drawing guidance from Waldemar Lorentzon, Uno Liljegren and Bengt Berglund. His works were shown at the Biennial of Color Lithography in Cincinnati in 1954, Zwanzig Westschwedische Maler Lübeck in 1955, Ten Swedish Painter in Edinburgh and a number of Swedish collective exhibitions at various venues and exhibitions organized by Hallands Konstförening and Halmstads Konstnärerlubb. For the Folkets hus in Halmstad, he performed the monumental order Gjuteriet, which was a moderately cubist tempera painting with great depth. In Kortedali, in 1957 he made a larger decorative exterior painting and painted a series of window paintings for Martin Luther’s Church in Halmstad. He painted three stained glass windows for Skee Church, where he made a cross-shaped truss. His art consists of still lifes, cubist motifs, landscapes and figures made in oil, watercolors, gouache, tempera and several different graphic techniques, as well as enamel painting, as well as glass and marble sculptures. He was one of the initiators of the drawing museum in Laholm. His works can be seen at the Moderna Museum in Stockholm, the Gothenburg Museum, the Kalmar Museum, Norrköping, the Cincinnati Art Museum and the Silkeborgs Museum.
Original vintage condition.